Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring Break

We had our first Spring Break this year with Tyler in kindergarten. We wanted to do something to mark our first official Spring Break. We talked about going to Salt Lake and doing Temple Square, Hoagle Zoo, and Thanksgiving Point but got a much better offer from John and Sandy. We met them at their time share in Bear Lake and had a great time. We played games, read books, played outside, rode bikes, flew kites, played at the beach and had a completely kid-centered vacation. I live for those kind of vacations where I can play my 25th game of Bingo because I don't have laundry to do, dinner to cook, house to clean and all the rest. Really when the kids asked to do something - there wasn't any reason why we couldn't. It was so fun to have John and Sandy, and Kotter and Tate for some of it, there. My kids loved playing with them and are all ready asking when we can go back.
The best timing of the vacation was Allyson having her baby the week before and only 45 minutes away. We'd planned on spending one day with her family - Al having the baby before we got there was just a great bonus! One day we got to go to her house for the whole day (isn't that what everyone would want when they have a 5 day old baby - to have a family of 5 come and stay for an entire day!?!). We got to see the baby all day and have Josh's birthday party and have a great time spending time with her family.
All in all it was a great first Spring Break - we got to spend lots of time together with family and we had a great time.

2 comments:

Rainie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed Bear Lake. Mom's pictures are hilarious of D.K. in the iceburg. Getting away from the house is so good for the kids because of the same reasons, no laundry, no phone, internet, etc. The kids just love having mom and dad around to do whatever. We're sad we couldn't make it:(

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fun time was had by all- I know it was by us. Thanks for coming to visit and good for you for taking advantage of those school-free days. You'll always be glad you did I'm sure. I want to see a picture of DK in an iceburg!